Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Am I the only one who self analyzes a lot?

I've just been thinking. Some of my weaknesses are that I tend to have a negative perspective more often than not and that I depend too much on others to bring me happiness. Mind you, I have more flaws than that but these two are more obstructive to me right now. So I wonder if I'm supposed to learn to be more positive and to find happiness and joy in and of myself. I think this because though I try to find significant relationships they often don't work out because of my negativity and my inability to have a good life apart from someone else being in it. It's like fate or God is purposely making it this way so I will learn to fix those weaknesses. Lol, my thoughts just now were all pretty negative about my predicament if that is truly what it is. Yes, I definitely could be more positive. 

I guess me writing this is me trying to say, "Yeah I see I have this problem and that I ought to redouble my efforts in what I think will fix it. Ok going to try and do that. Thanks for the moment of reflection and evaluation."

2 comments:

  1. I learned that lesson while I was struggling on the mission. Well actually, I still have to relearn it at times still... Haha. But the good thing is that you can recognize it, and that makes it a little bit easier to combat it. Relationships are tricky enough as it is, especially in marriage. It does take work, commitment, and also change. But it is worth the effort! I think we are obviously going to be affected by others reactions to us, because well we are human and we are supposed to feel connected to each other. I think that is one of the characteristics of being God's children and learning to have charity for each other. But we will slip up and hurt others at times, or be hurt by them. And that is when we have to be able to internalize that our worth doesn't diminish because of someone else's inability to recognize it. (Saw that quote on pinterest! :) ) I think it is also easier for others to love us if we first love ourselves. It's a process, but it's also a doable one. I've realized that for me, it doesn't help to beat myself up for being any of the negative traits I label mysellf with. I do much better when I simply say, wow I am being _____, so I am going to do something that will put me in a better mood and make me feel more at peace, and just move on and find the good things. Anyway, not that you need my advice on how to do anything, but that is what seems to work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely critical that people love themselves wholeheartedly before being able to love someone else wholeheartedly. :) Holly, you are amazing and awesome~! You are perfect *just as you are* <3 <3

    ReplyDelete