Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2014

Godzilla pt. 2 (Spoilers)

Ok, so I knew going in to this movie that I'd have a hard time with Godzilla being shot at and getting hurt.  I didn't realize there were going to be 2 other monsters though!  And Godzilla was fighting them, and they were fighting him.  And it was a mom and dad with kids....yeah I was sad at the death scenes.  Besides that though I really liked this movie.  I was commenting to my mom how there was no real "bad person" in this movie.  All the humans were generally good people, which I liked.  I liked all the action, and the way it was shot and cut, not spending too much time on the smaller battles leading up to the big one at the end.  I thought it was clever they kind of cut away from the action and just fast forwarded to the end.  I'm sure part of that was to save money on computerized special effects.  But I thought it was fine.  Loved the Hawaii scenes.  Then they let you see a more drawn out detailed battle in Frisco...which wasn't my favorite--feeling bad for the monsters getting hurt and all...Has Godzilla always been able to breath fire?  That was a cool moment in the movie.  Kind of reminded me of Toothless in How to Train Your Dragon 2 ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment