Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

Another big one.

Can't sleep. Got a lot going through my head tonight. I've decided I'm going to reveal something about myself. Some of you already know this. To my family members who don't know this and this is a surprise, I hope you can get to a point of understanding. To the people in my ward, know that this thing I'm about to reveal is a big reason why I have such a hard time going to church.  

Ok drumroll.... 
I am attracted to women. No idea how this makes you feel. So if I get any comments then I'll address them. How this makes me feel though is pretty complicated. Conflicted would be an understatement. 

I don't know how much I want to divulge.... This thing that is a part of me touches many different aspects of my life and does influence my depression and anxiety in many ways. I won't go so far as to say it is the root of them. Let's just say it's all simbiotic. 

In a different vein of this topic I say that I need people in my life. Good and kind people who are understanding and care. I'm trying to love myself and find happiness in myself, but people, important people, enrich my life and bring more happiness than I could have on my own. 

Part of my anxiety comes from the fear and pain of rejection and abandonment and so I have a hard time having people in my life. I get hurt really easily and this makes me want to isolate myself for protection. I also get very down on myself and thus have another reason to want to isolate so I don't spread my negativity to others. 

How are these two things related? I don't know, they just seem to be in my head. Ok. I'm ready for the ripples of reaction. 

5 comments:

  1. Holly, I am so grateful for your smiling, beautiful face and the example you gave us of cheer and service in our ward. I know that every smile does not mean everything is peachy keen and that every bright greeting can hide so many things. It's a relief to express my own feelings honestly and I appreciate that you did also.

    You sound like you are uncertain how everything will unfold as time progresses. Your faith can sustain you and help you gain certainty and strength. As you use your challenges and expression to serve, I think you will find fulfillment and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I think this was very brave of you! I have other friends with same sex attraction and, from my interaction with them, it can be hard. You're a wonderful person; you can do great things, never forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Good for you for being honest with yourself and everyone else. <3 It took me years to be able to admit this same thing openly to people. The fact is that I love people whether they're men or women, or anything in between. It's the heart and personality of the person that I'm attracted to. :) I suppose I'm not in a position to give you any advice relative to your faith since I'm Buddhist, but I just want to say I understand the anxiety. The people who truly care about you will support you and stick around. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (This is Cherie. I should really change how my name is displayed.... >_>)

      Delete
  4. Holly! We haven't spent much time together since ypu were little but I have a comment about your post! You are the same beautiful, intelligent, compassionate, genuine woman that you were before! Love is love my sweet girl, no matter who you feel it for! Please know that your McEntire family still loves you and will always love you!!
    I applaud your strength and courage and if you ever need a shoulder I am not far away!
    Love,
    Debi

    ReplyDelete