Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dragon and Tomorrow

It's another rainy Tuesday.  Don't know about you but this weather is putting me in a mood :-/  I'm at work right now.  Just finished boxing up 26 trays for UPS to come get.  I'm a little tired now from it.  And I have nothing else left to do so as soon as my boss realizes this he will most likely send me home.  Which isn't too bad today I guess.  

So, I saw some movies over the weekend that I never formally reviewed for you on here.  First was How to Train Your Dragon 2.  Loved it!!  Toothless is just too funny and cute and awesome and I want one! I'm not totally sure if I was thrilled with the storyline, but all of the funny aside moments with Toothless and some of the other dragons made the movie well worthwhile.  I'd still definitely see it again if the opportunity presented itself.  

Second was the Edge of Tomorrow.  Also really liked this movie, too.  I think Emily Blunt is awesome, and I was nowhere near annoyed of Tom Cruise at all, which is saying something.  The ending was a little confusing in that I can't really figure out how it makes sense, but I liked it so I won't complain :)  For a war/action movie I thought the comedy in this was great.  The premise of the story if  you haven't heard is that Tom Cruise's character keeps reliving the same day over and over again, but the only way he repeats the day is when he dies.  So there are some pretty funny scenes where Cruise's and Emily Blunt's characters are training and he keeps getting seriously injured so she shoots him in the head to "reset" the day, over and over again.  There are some important reasons as to why he has to die, but I'll let you see the movie to figure that out.

Good movies.  Good weekend.  My next movie will probably be Transformers.  Til then....

No comments:

Post a Comment