Search This Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Captain America 2 & Rio 2

Ok so I'm going to do my review for two movies that I saw over the last two weekends. First, Captain America 2 :)

I've been excited for this movie. When the first one came out it was all set in WWII times and was cool but not as cool as I had hoped. Then Avengers showed us a more up-to-date Captain but because of all the players and the storyline there wasn't much time to focus just on the Captain. So finally this installment delivered for me. We got to see more fighting, answered some questions about how Rogers was dealing with his cliffhanger past, just offered an enjoyable and relatable (I think) storyline and plot. Plus Captain America is just a good guy, he does what's right and I like that in a character. He has morals and holds to them. And the movie got me really excited for Avengers 2. 

I also saw Rio 2 this weekend. I wasn't expecting much from this movie. Mostly I wanted to hear the music because I quite enjoyed it in the first movie. And I felt like the music was good in the sequel as well. I like the big numbers involving lots of singers and rhythms and chanting and it just makes you want to move your body. I've noticed John Powell, who composed the music for Rio 2, does well with that type of music.  One of the first songs that I noticed of his was from Ice Age 2? with the all the mini sloths chanting and singing. 

SPOILER

The one moment that had me actually laughing with delight was to hear Kristin Chenoweth's voice coming from a bright pink frog in her silly but very talented way of singing about deadly love. I love her. Think she's a hoot. Was happy to hear her voice in the movie. :)

So there's my two cents. Hope you found them helpful/entertaining/informative/silly/not too spoiling/enticing/whatever ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment