Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

a missionary moment

Hello everyone!! I'm in a pretty fantastic mood right now.  I got my license plate back for my motorcycle.  Yay! So now I don't have to pay for another one!  Thank you to whatever lady found my plate and turned it into the police department.

Good things come in threes, I also won some free stuff at the Norwex party I went to tonight at my cousin's house.  AND, I got a bonus check because my work exceeded our goal for the first quarter of the year.  All the employees got bonus checks!  Let me tell you, nothing like a good business owner who treats their employees well to make me want to work better at my job.  And that is why I am in high spirits tonight.  Well, those are some of the reasons why, not all of them, but the funnest reasons. ;)

Ok I had an experience I wanted to share from last night when I was waiting for my friends so we could meet up and go to the Jazz game.  If you are familiar with Salt Lake you will know that the arena where the Jazz play is near Temple Square aka Mormon headquarters :-P  So while I was waiting I decided to go wait inside one of the visitor centers on Temple Square cuz it is warmer inside and I could sit down.  Well there of course are tons of missionaries floating around the area mostly sister missionaries.  I didn't want to talk to any of them.  I was once a sister missionary, in another state, so I know how they work and I just didn't want to talk to any of them.  I wasn't in the mood.  I was doing really good at not getting their notice til about 5 minutes before I was supposed to meet my friends, two of them came up to me and started talking to me. Internal eye roll and sigh of exasperation.  HOWEVER, it turned out to be a good experience.  Luckily these were two sister missionaries who were more....how can I put this....more real...down-to-earth...they didn't jump right into bearing their testimonies and preaching to me and trying to teach me like good missionaries do.  (Nothing wrong with that, fyi, I just wouldn't have appreciated it so much at that moment).  They just asked me who I was and why I was there.  I told them about going to the Jazz game and waiting for friends in warm comfy atmosphere.  To cut it short, basically I felt really comfortable around them and that enabled me to lower my wall and just be real with them.  Of course they committed me to do something cuz that is what missionaries do :) but I was ok with that.  I just know that when I said goodbye and headed off to the game I was feeling pretty good.  Thank you Spirit.


1 comment:

  1. Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways just saying lol :p

    ReplyDelete