Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Google Earth and my affinity for maps

Does anybody ever use Google Earth? Last night I couldn't sleep so well and I started looking up places on Google Earth on my phone.  Then today while at work I had a lot of fun looking at my favorite vacation spots and sending the pics to my mom.  Made us both want to go on vacation!  I don't know what it is, but I really love looking at maps and at places on the Earth.  Hey I even bought a new globe from the DI last weekend.  Sure it still shows Russia as the USSR and parts of the Middle East and Africa don't look like I last remembered, and my mission companion's country is called the Gilbert Islands instead of Kirabati....but I still love looking at it, just staring at the different places of our planet.  I wouldn't mind going to see a lot of those places and learning of their history.

Ha, well in other news, I spent nearly 2 hours I believe on one measly project at work today.  They are not supposed to take that long.  And evidently, if I had just asked for help before starting out on it on my own there might've been a faster/better way of doing it.  Aaaagghhh!  Oh well, it's done now.  And I will have plenty to do tomorrow.  Looks like I should get a good full paycheck this week (I really need it).  And did anyone else see the beautiful sunset, or the sun hitting the snowy peaked, cloud shrouded Wasatch mountain range today?  Ah!! It was amazing!  I wish I could've found a good place to stop and just gaze at it, instead of being in my car and driving :P  I love the scenery in Utah :)


No comments:

Post a Comment