Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Noah film review

Do not see this movie.

I am not talking about inaccuracies or whatever else you might be thinking since this is a movie about a person who really existed (I think most people would agree about that), or that it is based off a book and movies have a habit of not following books.  No, this is far far worse.

I nearly cried because of this movie, not from joy, not from sadness, but from pure pain to my very being.  I literally feel like what I just saw was damaging to my soul.  Why?!  Why were the things that were depicted in this movie necessary to be shown, to be played out by actors and CGI?  There is evil in this world, horrible horrible evil, and it takes many forms, and I would never advocate turning a blind eye to it.  But it is wrong to show it in a medium for entertainment!  There are good men and women who have gone and will still go to war and see horrible things while fighting for a just and true cause and it must be done for good and right to prevail because we live in a fallen world.  But it is wrong to re-create those horrible things they saw in the name of realism or accuracy or whatever other excuse filmmakers may use to depict them in movies.  It is not necessary, it is not good for us to see.  It is damaging.

Do not go see this movie!  Yes there were some good parts of this movie, but there were far too many bad parts to make the good worth while.  I am really upset right now.  I wish I had known what I was paying for.

Ok, if you want to hear another critique of this film here you go:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-otis-moss-iii/a-biblical-review-of-noah_b_5056256.html

Maybe I am too sensitive.  Or maybe the world is becoming de-sensitized.  You decide for yourself.  But I recommend this movie to no one.

This is from IMDb: [SPOILER]


In one scene, Noah travels to a village to find wives for his sons. He finds them acting like animals; we see babies being taken away for food, and women are traded for livestock. An animal is thrown into a crowd and violently eviscerated alive. Noah then sees a vision of himself amongst the crowd, eating the animal's flesh raw and growling like an animal. This entire scene is extremely frightening and intense.

4 comments:

  1. You are a stupid person and your opinions are stupid as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BoredInfidel - that has to be the rudest comment I have ever seen. Shame on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard the same thing! I'm glad my husband and I didn't go see it this weekend. It is so disappointing that they can take a good story and turn it to crap. :( I'm getting real sick of people taking Christianity and twisting it into something evil to hate. So so disappointing.

    And to BoredInfidel you need to find a better way to uphold your comments. No one wants to listen to someone who resorts to name-calling. Completely inappropriate and extremely disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merely from the perspective for moral responsibility--that is, saying nothing whatsoever of censorship--there are some movies, books, paintings, video games, etc. that should never have been created.

    Given that they have been created, they should never be consumed.

    Even if Hollywood abdicates its moral responsibility, we must not abdicate our own. What they can choose to create, we can choose to ignore. I'm glad I haven't seen this movie, and I'm glad for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete