Search This Blog

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Movie critiques: Lego Movie and Non-Stop

A pretty busy Saturday for me today.  Two movies and 5 hours of gaming.  I went and saw the Lego Movie with my cousin.  This for me is one of those movies that can be a little overbearing sometimes with the predictable and frequently-used story arcs, but what I think was the most impressive aspect was all the Lego creations they made.  Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that was filmed using stop motion animation.  I leaned over to my cousin during the movie and said that I think the filmmakers probably had too much fun making that movie.  OH!! So people often ask, What's your favorite type/genre of movie? And I often reply that I like most genres just really not comedy.  Well the Lego movie is a good example of why I don't like comedy.  They wrote and did a lot of things that were meant to be funny, but I just didn't think they were.  You know what I mean?  I don't like it when a film tries to be funny.  Just not my cup of tea :)

The second movie I saw with a friend was Non-Stop.  I really enjoyed watching this movie.  I was content with the story and the ending and not bothered by anything except one thing.  Hopefully this won't be viewed as a spoiler, but I felt like the air marshal character was too rough with the people he suspected.  I don't think that's right, to be that physically rough with someone you simply suspect as a bad guy, but have yet to prove it.  Personally, and this is just me, I don't like the idea of being really physically rough even if the person really is a bad guy.  To me it shows a lack of self-discipline and self-mastery in the person who's supposed to be on the side of justice and rightness.  Idk, I've seen it played out before in TV shows and movies and depending on the degree of physicality I may or may not feel uncomfortable about it.  All I'm saying is that I felt uncomfortable about it in this movie today.  Of course there could be other factors involved I'm sure. :)

In other news, gaming was fun, but I had a hard time keeping my patience with one of the other players and I need to do better at keeping myself in check.  Speaking of self-discipline and self-mastery, right ;)  Ah, this life is our time to become better than we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment