Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

part 2

Ha, sorry.  I fell asleep while writing my post last night.  So yesterday when I was at SLCC taking my motorcycle endorsement riding test, my bike died :(  I accidentally left the key in the on position just for a minute or two while the instructor was talking to us.  I noticed my error and quickly fixed it but when I went to start my bike it wouldn't turnover.  I got help doing a push start and got it going, but I had to keep it in first gear cuz we were in a parking lot and that killed it.  So, couldn't get the bike going.  The MSF instructor let me use one of their bikes no charge (thankfully).  That was hard by the way, riding a bike I wasn't used to, without a chance to warm up on it, for the endorsement test.  But as you read in the previous post, I still passed and am now legally able to ride ANY type of motorcycle, no matter how big it is ;)  Ok back to the story.  The instructor had a battery charger so I was able to charge my bike's battery enough to get it started.  Then I rode it down to my mechanic in Salt Lake where he figured out that the battery was good, but something was making it so it wasn't holding a charge properly.  That's why even after getting it started it died when it was idling or in first gear.  So once again I have no bike to ride and the weather is GORGEOUS today :(  Oh, and my license plate fell off I think at some point while I was riding my bike.  Now I have to pay for a duplicate license.  Ugh, money I hate you!!  OH, and since I rode my bike to the shop I was stranded with no way of getting myself home.  Called the parents, no answer.  So a friend came and got me.  Oi, what a long day.  And after that I spent the rest of the evening at my friend's house with him and his wife and other friends playing games, and then talking til after 2:00am about whatever topic popped into our heads :-D

See, what a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment