Search This Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ziggy and Spirituality

Well today was another pretty rough day, but tonight I am feeling good, all things considered. 

Tonight I wanted to share two things.  First, my cat Ziggy went in to see the vet today because she was breathing hard this morning.  She has an enlarged heart and breathing hard is one of those signs to worry about.  Anyways, one x-ray and ultrasound later, little Ziggy is in heart failure.  My family all met up at the vet's to discuss what we should do.  We decided to bring her home tonight with us and keep an eye on her and spend some time with her.  The vet gave her some medicine and kept her in an oxygen cage so she was looking a lot better when we picked her up.  But if/when her breathing becomes more labored then we will be taking her back to put her to sleep.  I've been through this before so I know now what to expect, but it doesn't make it an easier or any less painful to lose someone I've grown to love and feel attached to, and who has brought happiness to my life.  I haven't had Ziggy for very long, but I am grateful to have found her and make a place in my home and in my heart for her. 

Second thing, since I was having such a rough day today, I decided I needed to get a Priesthood blessing.  Now for those of you who might not know what that is, suffice it to say I needed to get in tune with some spirituality and I met with success.  I had the feeling that it would be beneficial and important for me to figure out what my talents are, what gifts have I been blessed with that could be used to help others.  I was also left with the impression that I needed to try and see myself the way I truly am, with full honesty and no negativity or criticism.  If I can do these things it will help me to be happier and feel more joy and purpose in my life.  So that is what I shall try and do.  What gifts do you see that I have?

No comments:

Post a Comment